Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 4

Took Thursday off. Felt good to decide in advance instead of when I got up. I also bought a book on how to use our big blue exercise ball. Not adding that in, yet.

I'm working on two truisms: I can't do everything at once. One is more successful if instead of starting to run, to cut out candy and fast food, and to exercise and start using the scale and trying to lose 50 pounds in one week, one simply adds one thing at a time. The second truism is that it takes 6 weeks to form a habit, so my goal is to keep this up for 6 weeks. This week I started running. Next week I buy a scale.

Week 1 is complete. I made it to the park and walk/jogged 8 miles in 4 days.
Week 2 I change the interval from 2/6 to 4/4 and still try to get my time in under 30 minutes.
Week 3 I change the interval to 6/2 and add in ball work at home on the 1st and 4th day.
Week 4 Extend the ball work to 4 days and double my distance to 4 miles (16 miles per week).
Week 5 Maintain and change the interval to 8/2
Week 6 (and beyond) Maintain.

Today when I ran, I mostly succeeded in jogging instead of shuffling. I did not make my goal; though I did cut off another 2 minutes. Total time today was 34 minutes.

Before I ran I ate half of a gluten free bagel with cream cheese. Lunch was a hot dog sandwich on gluten free bread, with Cheddar. Dinner was a lot of grazing after opening night. If I were on a diet, I would have ruined it with the number of lemon meringue bars I ate, and the amount of alcohol I drank.

Saturday and Sunday I get off, and then start with WEEK 2 on Monday. If nothing else, I do certainly feel better, despite being incredibly sore. The soreness will pass... I hope.

No comments: