Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DAY 2

So, today, I took my watch with me to time, and actually did some interval training. Instead of jogging for 6 minutes, walking for 2, I did it the other way around. I really am out of shape, and don't want to kill myself here.

:D

2 miles took 38 minutes.

I resisted the urge to get drive through food afterwards, but I did come home and open a can of Chef Boyardee's Raviolis and a piece of sourdough. Baby steps. For Lunch/Dinner I had a tuna melt. I also had some coffee today and a bunch of apple chips. I need to eat more than 2 meals a day. Hopefully, that will get easier once I no longer have rehearsal every night!

For Christmas we went to a new friend's house for dinner. She is gluten intolerant, so I made an effort to make a whole bunch of gluten free stuff. We did an experiment for Josh (kids on the Autism Spectrum are advised to modify their diet so as to be lactose and gluten free, we've done really well with the lactose free so far) of going for a 24 hour period gluten free. He could tell the difference. Result: we're transitioning into a gluten and lactose free household. Bryan is lactose intolerant, and I am mildly so, and lactose isn't in as much as one would think it is in. Gluten, however, is in many, many, many more things than you would think. Making gluten free ANYTHING is a challenge.

We shop at Sam's Club, though, so I have a lot of gluten products to get through before we start to restock our pantry. In the meantime, I get to eat Ravioli's guilt free... right?

GOAL:
Interval training 2 more days this week. Go 2 miles in under 30 minutes.
Next week, change the intervals to 4/4, and keep it under 30 minutes. I think I might be the only person ever who walks faster than I jog. :D


No comments: