Thursday, March 1, 2012

worse than my diaries as a kid

Every few years I forget that I'm really, really bad at journaling and decide that I need to create a journal. When I was a little kid I used to ask for those little diaries that had about 5 lines per date and a key that really protected nothing (it was PAPER for goodness sake!). I'd start on January 1... well, actually, I'd start on January 15 or so and make up a bunch of crap. Then I'd forget it the next day or two, fill in a bunch more made up crap, and then I'd get serious and write in it every single day for about 3 days. Forget about it until about April or so, write in it for 1 or two days and then toss the whole thing and resolve to do better next year. I have never in my life managed to succeed at doing something every day
for any extended period of time. A little too much OCD and a little too much JPL and there you go. JPL, you ask? Just Plain Lazy.

All that being said, we moved recently and the house that we're renting has an incredibly ugly carport that the owner has graciously allowed us to convert to a workshop. I'm curious to see if I can be consistent long enough to go from beginning to end and get the whole project online.

Um... don't cross your fingers.

In the picture there is my dh, next to the fancy little riding lawn mower that our son prefers to the other kind but can't quite master yet.

It's actually a dual carport, the side close to the house is high enough for a trailer, so we're leaving that side as is... maybe a little gravel or something so that walking under the roof after rain is possible (right now it's like a swamp).


So, I'm obsessed with Google Sketchup and I use it for every project that we do if I can. This is my first draft of what it will sort of look like when we complete it.

So, we're off to the big box store to see what prices we're looking at and then we can start the permit process. YAY for bureaucratic tape!

No comments: